Friday, August 31, 2012

Un Monstre a Paris

After our full day of exploring wineries and reservoirs, we settled in for the night with a glass of wine and a movie.  The film in question was 'A monster in Paris', which it turns out is not a very good film, but I enjoyed it non the less because of the memories it evoked.  Our final European trip before leaving the UK was to Paris and it happened to coincide with when this film had come out in the cinema.  When Barnadi and I first met I often referred to him as a 'Barnadi -Monster' mainly due to his temper and so I always felt the film was somehow relevant as I had my very own Monster in Paris.

My very own Monster in Paris


When the film finished Barnadi did a dangerous thing and fed his addiction.  His addiction for SBS.  SBS is an Australian TV channel that focuses on world wide TV, and they frequently put on good foreign films late at night.  Barnadi has fallen into the habit of turning on SBS when he gets home late from work and getting himself hooked to a film, staying up until the early hours of the morning so that he doesn't miss the ending.  This is OK for him as he never has to get up early in the morning, although it is a little less practical for me as my hours are more variable.  I wasn't working early today but it was still a little annoying as we had the plumber turn up at 8:30am to fix the kitchen tap.  It wasn't Barnadi who had to get up to let him in or find the water stop cock or clear the cupboard under the sink.  In fact it is happening again as I write this blog post, he is watching another French film.

No comments:

Post a Comment