Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Back on the Road

New Car
Last Friday we were able to pick up our new car from the Holden dealer in Preston.  We had to wait a while for them to finalise the registration, but this gave us time to sort out the formalities such as signing all the finance agreements. 

New Car


Our first drive took us down to Northcote plaza for a bit of shopping, before heading home for lunch, then I had to take it for my first solo drive to Epping plaza to work.  The car park in Epping plaza has a 4 hour limit but staff can get a permit (in the form of a little green sticker) to park longer.  I did not get my permit until yesterday so I was parinoid I would get a ticket, but Shona, my manager asured me I would be fine and that if I did she would pay for it.  I think she was just glad I had a car now and that I wouldn't be walking through the streets of Epping late at night on my own.  After work I then drove to Bundoora to pick up Barnadi before heading home again and attempting to get the car into the garage for the first time.  So that was was the end of my first day driving.

Kangaroo's in St Andrews
On Sunday we were able to drive up to St Andrews to visit our friends Rae and Stuart for lunch, as usual they had the some of their grand children offloaded onto them for the day.  I always enjoy getting out to the country, especially now we are so city bound living in Melbourne.  Just seeing the hills, the trees and the wildlife is such a refreshing change.  I am hoping this will be the first of many trips to the countryside of Victoria we can make now that we have a car again.

St Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment